When purchasing a manual seam locker, there are several factors to consider to ensure you get the right one for your needs. Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Type of Seam Locker: There are different types of seam lockers available, but one of the most efficient is the TRUMPF seam locker. It can be used on straight and curved ventilation ducts.
- Safety: Safety should be a top priority when choosing a seam locker. Ensure that the machine is packed together with items that may be sharp, oily, and overly heavy objects.
- Efficiency: Look for a system that not only saves you hours of load time but also minimizes coil damage and provides a smoother, quieter feed payoff.
- Cost-Effectiveness: The seam locker should be a cost-justifiable upgrade that can pay for itself in labor saving, reduced scrap loss, and improved finished product quality.
- Adaptability: The system should be adaptable to any Coil Fed Duct Fabrication Line.
- Capacity: The system consists of one (1) to six (6) inline and underfed 15,000# expanding mandrels.
Remember, it’s important to consider your specific needs and requirements before making a purchase. If possible, consult with an expert or a trusted supplier to ensure you’re making the best choice for your operations.